Core dump on MongoDB 4.4.19 on RPi 4

This is related to the post Core dump on MongoDB 5.0 on RPi 4"

Version 4.4.19 is now also causing a core dump, which basically means that 4.4 can’t be used on a Raspberry Pi 4 as well unless 4.4.18 will be used.

Seriously?

Kind regards,
Daniel Faust

2 Likes

Same problem here.
Fixed it by downgrading to 4.4.18 and holding updates for the next releases.

sudo apt-get install mongodb-org-mongos=4.4.18 mongodb-org-tools=4.4.18 mongodb-org-shell=4.4.18 mongodb-org-database-tools-extra=4.4.18 mongodb-org=4.4.18 mongodb-org-server=4.4.18

sudo apt-mark hold mongodb-org-mongos mongodb-org-tools mongodb-org-shell mongodb-org-database-tools-extra mongodb-org mongodb-org-server
2 Likes

If you would like to run the latest version(s) of MongoDB on a Pi, check out the Github repo where I have built it from source for the Pi. Keep in mind this is not officially supported and something I have done in my personal capacity.

2 Likes

Very nice, really thanks Matt_Kneiser, awesome news.
I’ll give it a try pretty soon… This will allow me to update my Graylog server to version 5.0 :slight_smile:

Edit: mongod launches, changed the port to 27017 and Graylog starts, perfect.
But when I try to use mongorestore my old database to the new mongodb, some documents fails but mostly of them are successfully…
However graylog doesn’t start… I’m still checking.

Everything is working perfectly, thank you very much for this binary, much appreciated.

1 Like

Thank you for your effort.