Connection string in your command line password issue

Hi All, I am new for the mangodb. i try to connect my db via inbuild console. its showing below error. what was wrong here.
*** You have failed to connect to a MongoDB Atlas cluster. Please ensure that your IP whitelist allows connections from your network.

Error: connect failed to replica set atlas-cv5ibi-shard-0/ac-drtrgkc-shard-00-01.ehkbpun.mongodb.net:27017,ac-drtrgkc-shard-00-00.ehkbpun.mongodb.net:27017,ac-drtrgkc-shard-00-02.ehkbpun.mongodb.net:27017 :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:374:17
@(connect):2:6
exception: connect failed
exiting with code 1

Where it is saying it is a password issue?
Have you whitelisted your IP or allowed access from anywhere?

Hi Ramachandra , I entered my IP only

HI Actually Now again I created new DB and I Assgined IP as 0.0.0.0/0 now its working, thank you Ram. Early I mentioned some IP address there.

1 Like

when I use 0.0.0.0/0 (Allow access from any where its working properly) but when use my current IP its triggered Error

Also Please check below another one image. (per single post it allow only one img so posted one by one)

IP config

The IP you are whitelisting may not be the public facing one
Check with your network team or others with network knowledge can help you better
Does ip you have whitelisted match with whatismyipaddress?

2 Likes

A note here, the IDE for the course is not using your IP address. You need to open up 0.0.0.0/0 unfortunately for using the course. You can make that change temporary (I would recommend this) by toggling the slider in the lower left corner and choosing one of the available time values:

2 Likes

OK thanks Doug_Duncan