Connecting error with pymongo

I received the following error when connecting to Realm using pymongo. I use the server API key method to connect to the Realm. e.g. mongodb://_:[API-KEY]@realm.mongodb.com:27020/?authMechanism=PLAIN&authSource=%24external&ssl=true&appName=[myapp id]:mongodb-atlas:api-key

It was working fine until 19th Wed. Not sure any upgrade was done to realm caused this.

pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: SSL handshake failed: realm.mongodb.com:27020: [Errno 0] Error, Timeout: 30s, Topology Description: <TopologyDescription id: 5f4278f71d115b964f46808f, topology_type: Single, servers: [<ServerDescription (‘realm.mongodb.com’, 27020) server_type: Unknown, rtt: None, error=AutoReconnect(‘SSL handshake failed: realm.mongodb.com:27020: [Errno 0] Error’)>]

1 Like

Hey @Roshan_Prabashana, did you solve this issue? we are experiencing the same since two days ago.

No . We decided to move away from Realm . Mongodb support person suggested to go for to paid support for answering this as they don’t have Realm support. Even I can’t get it worked from my desktop. As we can’t rely on this sort of service we decided not to use for any production until we decide go for paid support version( we have taken this service for evaluation purpose) . I am pretty sure we did not do any changes from our end. Suddenly it stop working.

Hi @Mauricio_Giraldo and @Roshan_Prabashana,

We are actively working on investigating and fixing the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced, we will update you with any updates we have as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience as we work through this issue.

Best regards,
Pavel

Hi @Mauricio_Giraldo and @Roshan_Prabashana,

The Realm application should be able to receive your connections now as we fixed the backend issue.

Please let us know if that works for you. Again apologise for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Pavel

1 Like

Hi @Pavel_Duchovny, It’s working now. Thank you for the follow up on this. :smiley:

1 Like