Thanks for your response.
Both ping and telnet tests are successful for my primary cluster using my mobile phone hotspot from a terminal in my project directory on local Linux PC. However, attempting to connect to the same cluster via VSCode is still not working.
I reviewed the Troubleshoot Connection Issues documentation, but, as far as I can tell, the issues there (connection string config etc.) are not relevant in this instance as I can connect on my home based standard wifi connection with these setting.
I did notice that each time I connect the error message I get refers to a different IP:
Unable to connect: connection <monitor> to 126.96.36.199:27017 closed
Unable to connect: connection <monitor> to 188.8.131.52:27017 closed
Unable to connect: connection <monitor> to 184.108.40.206:27017 closed
However, I presume that is expected due to dynamic address allocation(?).
I tried the tool from blog post regarding tips for atlas connectivity and got:
FINAL STATUS OF CHECKS:
1. URL-CHECK: Passed
2. MEMBERS-CHECK: Passed
3. DNS-IP-CHECK: Passed
4. SOCKET-CHECK: Passed
5. DRIVER-CHECK: Passed
6. DBPING-CHECK: Failed
7. HEALTH-CHECK: NotTested
- If the MongoDB deployment is an Atlas M0/M2/M5 tier cluster then via the Atlas console, in the 'Network Access' section, for the 'IP Access List' tab select to 'ADD CURRENT IP ADDRESS' which should be the address of this host machine (DBPING-CHECK)
- If using Atlas, via the Atlas console, in the 'Network Access' section, for the 'IP Access List' tab ensure this machine is listed in the access list, and if not, add it ('Add Current IP Address') (DBPING-CHECK)
- If using Atlas, via the Atlas console, check the cluster is NOT PAUSED and resume it if is paused (DBPING-CHECK)
- If not using Atlas to host the MongoDB deployment, check the firewall rules for the network hosting the deployment to ensure it permits MongoDB TCP connections on the configured ports - check NOT BLOCKED (DBPING-CHECK)
- Check any local firewalls on this machine and in your local network, to ensure that MongoDB TCP network connections to outside your network are NOT BLOCKED (DBPING-CHECK)
I tried the suggestions and added my IP address as per my laptop network connection … still get same error (as above). Any other ideas? thanks again …