Connect MongoDB with ETL Talend for Big Data

Good day

I’ve been trying to make a connection between MongoDB cluster and ETL tool Talend for Big Data, but when I checked the connection a error happend

The error is:

MongoTimeoutException: Time out after 30000 ms while waiting to connect.

The information I’ve to create the connection is

cluster0.ivazw.mongodb.net

I hope one of you help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the community!

Can you connect to your mongodb using shell?
Have you whitelisted your IP?

Possible causes discussed in this thread

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D53p00007vCrzdCAC

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I connected using shell & I already checked the text on Talend Community, according to database administrator all ip’s can connect to the cluster, he told me that in IP configuration the address is 0.0.0.0/0 so this address allows any connection.

I think its too late to answer this, Hope this will be helpful for someone. If you are using talend 7.3 and a srv mongodb connection, then you need to check the following things.

You need to use replica set, add the host url and port.
you need to enable the ssl option - Use ssl connection checkbox
you need to set Authentication type to negotiate and also need to set Authentication database as ‘admin’
Then set username and password. You are good to connect to mongodb.

Thank you for posting the steps. It can always be useful though it may be late for someone :slight_smile: .
I’m using Talend 7.3. I tried the steps you mentioned above but it still doesn’t work for me. I tested the connection using mongosh on the server from where I’m connecting. The only missing step is the tSetKeystore, but I’m not sure how to generate the TrustStore file If it’s required in this case. Any idea?

Did anyone find the solution to this issue ? I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks .

What error are you getting?
Did you try the steps given above for srv type string?