Conflicting Package Installation Error

Hey everyone,

I’m currently facing an issue with package installation on my Arch Linux system, and I could really use some assistance from the community. Whenever I try to install or upgrade packages, I encounter a conflicting files error message. Specifically, it seems that both ‘mongosh-bin-debug’ and ‘mongodb-compass-debug’ are attempting to install files with the same path, leading to a clash in the installation process.

Should I remove one of those packages? if removed then which should I remove? What should I do?

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has experience resolving conflicting package installation errors on Arch Linux, I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you could provide. Your insights could help me navigate through this problem and get my system back up and running smoothly.

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/8e/d266409b9353c9 exists in both 'mongosh-bin-debug' and 'mongodb-compass-debug'
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/8e/d266409b9353c9.debug exists in both 'mongosh-bin-debug' and 'mongodb-compass-debug'

Hi @Diwash_Tiwari

Arch is not a supported platform so you would need to ask the package maintainer.

I am only passingly familar with Arch and pacman, but based on the output it is a package issue. Can you install without using a debug package ?

1 Like

Thanks for your replay,
Just as you said, keeping the debug package was unnecessary.
It was just my thought that if I delete that package some other error may appear.
So after some research I just deleted it and the error was solved.