Compatibility between MongoDB BI Connector and ODBC Driver

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on a project that involves connecting MongoDB to a BI tool using the MongoDB BI Connector and the MongoDB ODBC Driver. I’m wondering if anyone has any information on the compatibility of these tools, or has encountered any issues when using them together.

Here are the versions of the tools I used and it worked:

• MongoDB BI Connector version 2.13.1
  • MongoDB ODBC Driver version 1.2.0 Unicode

I followed this tutorial and it works but I want to know more about the compatibilities.
( Connecting MongoDB hosted in Mongo Atlas with PowerBI (including M0 clusters) | by Luis Mego | Qimi TechBlog | Medium

But I’m wondering why it is not working with newer versions

I’ve done some research on the compatibility of these tools, but I haven’t been able to find any clear answers. I’m wondering if anyone has successfully used these tools together, and could share their experience with me.

Alternatively, if anyone has any information on the compatibility of these tools, or has encountered any issues when using them together, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome @Liber_Darius and thanks for posting. My name is Alexi and I am the Product Manager for the BI Connector and the new Atlas SQL Interface. What BI tool are you trying to use with the BI Connector/ODBC Driver? And you running an Atlas instance or on-prem?

Ideally we would have you connecting with the current versions of the BI Connector and ODBC Driver. Alternatively, we are in public preview with the Atlas SQL Interface where we have a JDBC Driver, Tableau Custom Connector and we will be releasing an ODBC Driver and Power BI Connector soon.

If you can share the BI Tool that you are using, I can guide you on compatibility and the options you may have going forward.

Best,
Alexi
alexi.antonino@mongodb.com

Hello, the BI tool that I am using is PowerBI and I’m running an atlas instance.

ok great! The current BI Connector + ODBC Driver does indeed work with Power BI Desktop and Gateway to refresh in the Power BI Cloud/web. Also, we are currently testing a new MongoDB Atlas Power BI custom connector - this is something you might be able to take advantage of as well.

Next steps would be to share the error you are receiving or email me and we setup a call to figure out what is going on.
alexi.antonino@mongodb.com

Thank you very much for your replies. I’m not facing any errors, I just want to know more about the compatibility of the versions of the BI Connector with the ODBC driver because I could not find that in the documentation.

MongoDB BI Connector ODBC Driver — MongoDB Connector for BI they added a compatibility section on the documentation.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.