Compass alternative for iPad?

No laptop, all of my work is done on mobile. I found an app called MongoLime (‎MongoLime - manage databases on the App Store) that appears to do something similar, but I don’t want to drop the $12 in the case that it won’t get me through this course. I’m fairly familiar with Atlas, and I wonder if I can forego using Compass altogether? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Unfortunately you can’t forego Compass in favour of Atlas, they’re two different things. Plus, Compass is not the only requirement for this course.

• Compass can make client connections to any clusters created using Atlas and servers (or clusters) created on your local machine.
  • Atlas can make connections to clusters that you created on your private Atlas account.

This course requires connections to clusters/servers that you created as well as the public cluster created and managed by MongoDB University. Besides that, the free tier Atlas UI lacks some features that Compass Stable (Enterprise) edition has.

You’re trying to learn about a database (server and client), you really do need a machine as per the requirements:

1 Like

Hi @Joshua_95915,

Yes, please go through the system requirement mentioned on the about page of the course.

In addition to this, you will be needing Compass in order to complete some of the assignments given in this course.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer