Please share any questions, comments, or feedback about MongoDB Community Day 2021!
Thank you to everyone who attended the Community Day 2021 live stream and participated in the event. I hope you enjoyed the sessions and learned something new and exciting!
Organising an 8 hour streaming meetup with global community guests and some rather different presentation formats was a new experience for the MongoDB DevRel team, too .
I expect it is rare to have sessions for one event ranging from tech talks to singing puppets and food preparation, but we wanted to highlight the most important aspect of our community: the amazing people!
A few things from the wrap-up:
We still have some Trivia Challenges looking for great answers. An accepted solution will earn you a promo code for US $100 Atlas credits. We’re trying to give more folks the opportunity to earn Atlas credits, so if there challenges without an accepted solution feel free to challenge the challengers with a better response.
We’d love your feedback! Please comment on the specific session topics (or in this wrap-up topic) with any feedback on what you loved/loathed/learned/longed for.
Thanks to all of our guest speakers throughout the day and all the DevRel folks who helped make the event happen.
There are many who contributed to making the day successful, but a special shout-out to the Community Day team:
- @Michael_Lynn - Event organiser, emcee, and All The Things
- @nraboy - Stream wrangler/moderator extraordinaire (with @ado on backup)
- @AnaNoemi - Show runner (keeping everyone on time!) and community quotes
- @Jerzy_Fischer - Video production
- @Karen_Huaulme - Roving interviewer and aspiring chef
- @TimSantos - Forum wizardry and community highlights presentation for the session breaks
- @Devin_O_Keefe & @Anaiya_Raisinghani - Guest management in our Zoom green room before joining the live stream
- @Jay_Javed - Social media engagement
- @David_Neal (aka ReverentGeek) - Hand-drawn avatars for our guests and live sketches for sessions!
Great job @Stennie and everyone on the Community/DevRel side! As a participant, it was very well done and I was glad to have this forum to share and interact with the community. Thanks for all that you do for us in the community!
Hello @Stennie and Community/DevRel Team(s), thank you very much for this great Community Day!
This must have been a humongous amount of work. Participating in sessions I never felt lost, everything was perfect organized and no stress around. This forum is a great place to share and interact with each other as a big community and it is also a gold mine of information for everyone looking for answers.
I’ll check in for CD22