Clone database!

Hello :

Im new to mongoDb but last month i have been working with one big database and my disk is almost full , now im just asking if i copy and paste in new disk it will work normal or i need to use mongo tools to dump and restore ?

Best regards

Hi Bruno, welcome to the community forums and I hope your journey with MongoDB is great! About the copy, I don’t see any problems with it, as long as the service is stopped. This way you will have a consistent image of the data and you will be able to copy them at will. Let me know if everything went well, or if you have any other questions!

Best!

2 Likes

Hello, welcome to the MongoDB community.

Make sure MongoDB is stopped for this to be done to ensure it has no data in memory. After that, you can move data from one disk to another.

Any questions, count me in.

2 Likes

Great , tomorrow the new disk will arrive , im going to make it tomrrow and let you know how it went .
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Update :

Mongo is runnig without problems after cloning to a bigger disk .

Thank you

2 Likes

Nice! If you can mark it as solved, it helps to better index the results for others who have the same question.

Best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.