Charts and Compass

Is it possible to use a dataset stored locally (where I’m using Compass) to Charts? I like using it in a personal atlas instance I have but I have company data hosted locally I’d like to be able to use it with. I haven’t been able to find any documentation on it so not sure if I’m searching the wrong items or if it’s not possible.
Thank you
Paul

Hi @paul_carson,

My interpretation of the question is that you’re wanting to use MongoDB Charts in Atlas with a Data Source that is stored locally on your machine which contains company data (which cannot be hosted in Atlas I presume). Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Is it possible to use a dataset stored locally (where I’m using Compass) to Charts?

If so, as mentioned in more detail in this post, MongoDB Charts on-premises was discontinued in Sept 2021 and is no longer supported. So to answer your question regarding using a data set stored locally with use in MongoDB Charts (Atlas) - > This unfortunately cannot be done currently.

Regards,
Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.