Can't take snapshots on Ops Manager

Hello

I want to take a snapshot when I need but via Ops Manager UI, I can’t do so. I am updating snapshot schedule and configuring Take snapshots every 6 hours, which is the minimum I can.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 7.05.36 PM

For instance, 00.00 UTC, Ops Manager takes a snapshot, and then right away, I’m configuring Reference Time of Day to 30 mins later, which 00.30. On Ops Manager UI, it shows tomorrow not today, which kind of make sense as the info part says the snapshot won’t be taken until that time. I went around on Backup Admin Dashboard to trigger backup job but no luck. In this case, how can I take any snapshots before doing any critical maintenance? I w

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 7.05.01 PM

Any help on this will be really appreciated, thanks!

Hi @Ercin_Demir ,

You are correct that in Ops Manager, you can not force an on demand snapshot. Changing the reference time will also move the next snapshot to the following day as you mentioned.

What we recommend is that you utilize the Point-In-Time restore capability in case you have any issues during your critical maintenance and restore to a point in time before the maintenance started. Please see the documentation here.

Thanks,
Evin