Can't connect mongosqld to MongoDB Atlas cluster

I have a cluster running on MongoDB Atlas. I want to connect a mongosqld to it, but I’m getting an error that I don’t understand:

2021-10-11T11:58:54.939+0300 I SCHEMA     [manager] attempting to initialize schema
2021-10-11T11:58:54.939+0300 I SCHEMA     [manager] sampling schema
2021-10-11T11:58:59.940+0300 W SCHEMA     [manager] error initializing schema: unable to execute command: server selection error: context deadline exceeded, current topology: { Type: ReplicaSetNoPrimary, Servers: [{ Addr: xx1.mongodb.net:27017, Type: Unknown, Average RTT: 0, Last error: connection() error occured during connection handshake: OCSP verification failed: no OCSP cache provided }, { Addr: xx2.idn1l.mongodb.net:27017, Type: Unknown, Average RTT: 0, Last error: connection() error occured during connection handshake: OCSP verification failed: no OCSP cache provided }, { Addr: xx3.mongodb.net:27017, Type: Unknown, Average RTT: 0, Last error: connection() error occured during connection handshake: OCSP verification failed: no OCSP cache provided }, ] }

Note: I changed the cluster shard addresses to xx1 to hide the actual address.

The important part:

Last error: connection() error occured during connection handshake: 
OCSP verification failed: no OCSP cache provided 

Any ideas what’s going on? It seems to be related to TLS and PKI. There is also a documentation that has few lines about OCSP https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/setup-cluster-security/#ocsp-certificate-revocation-check, but it’s not particularly helpful.

Also, I’m able to connect to cluster using mongo client. So, the problems seems to be related to mongosqld

Hi @Juri_Andrejev and welcome in the MongoDB Community :muscle: !

Silly question but… Do you have a BI connector node deployed on this cluster?

I’m not sure if this can help a bit or not, but I did this 2 years ago: open-data-covid-19/python/odbc at master · mongodb-developer/open-data-covid-19 · GitHub

Cheers,
Maxime.

The problem was that in my mongosqld config I was missing:

ssl:
  enabled: true

After adding that, everything worked.