Can not find mongod.exe

Hello,
I just installed mongodb community edition, and I would like to get your help regarding the file mongod.exe. I tried to start the mongodb database by going to C:\program files\mongodb\server\5.0\bin to execute the mongod.exe . But there is no mongod.exe file there.

I am trying to figure out why mongod.exe is not there , could you help?

1 Like

What type of installation you did?
Same issue reported by another user on Windows
May be you did not choose all the required components like server,service etc

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Did you get this resolved? If so, what did you do? I am think of installing mongod.exe or uninstalling and downloading again. I hope I am on the right track here.

1 Like

Hi,
I am having the same issue, may I know if anyone know how to solve it?
thank you

1 Like

Hi @Amani_Rosman and welcome to the MongoDB community forums. :wave:

Can you provide the following information?

• What is the exact error message you are getting? (A screenshot would be great so we can see the entire thing)
  • What operating system are you running on?
  • How did you install MongoDB?

Hi Sir, I am installing mongodb in windows. I have install it according to few YouTube video.
Here is a screenshot of command prompt, services , system environment variable and MongoDB Compass.
I notice that there’s no .exe file in bin.

Thanl you for your time.

The mongo.exe tool is no longer being distributed as it’s been superseded by the newer mongosh tool. I would have thought the installer would have installed the tool, but if not, you can always download it separately.

mongosh has almost all of the functionality that the older mongo tool had. Most users won’t even know that there are some lesser used functionality. You should be able to use mongosh anywhere you see mongo in documentation/blogs/videos.