Can I able to use Realm only for user authentication?

I’m developing an e-commerce mobile app with React Native and I need to store my user data on MongoDB Atlas I thought of using Realm for this but there will be a lot of requests from my app to user data and I might end up in the huge bill.

I thought of using Realm only for user authentication and connecting MongoDB atlas on my EC2 server and requesting user data from to my app from there.

Hi @chawki,

One of the benefits of using Realm Auth Providers within your application is the ability to enforce user access to your services/data access by defining simple and declarative roles/rules which can be automatically map to your user context.

This ability will not be available if you use Realm Application just for authentication and then a regular driver to connect to Atlas.

Do you mean you would use Realm Authentication just to get an OK for the provided credentials? If this is the case this is possible but I would recommend considering using Realm scalable and secure backend as a full solution. Moreover , that we have offline sync capabilities for mobile reactive application developments.

Realm has a pretty large free tier range and the cost can be extrapulated by using the following formulas:

Free tier metrics are zeroed every for each month:

Can you elaborate your concern on getting a large bill? What is the method you used to calculate that?

Best regards,
Pavel

We are just start-up because Realm is paid as you go seems little shivering we wanna keep under the free tier until we start generating revenue.

Can I able to connect my users data with Realm in future if I go this way?
For now, using Realm only for authentication and Storing user data on Atlas.

Thanks @Pavel_Duchovny

Hi @chawki,

Yes you can go this way, I believe you can use Realm without even specifying a credit card or a payment method so you can always try it out and develop considering future paid service when you grow.

I just think that other backend resources that you will need to operate and secure your application (data consuming wise) might cost much more than Realm.

Best regards,
Pavel

Best regards,
Pavel

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.