Thanks for the reply!
First i need to precise i run mongo on a windows machine. My ip addres 192.168.1.119 is the one i fixed on my network (i tried at least - wifi network).
I ran the commands i posted earlier on the same terminal back-to-back, while mongod was running in an other terminal.
The fact that the introductory message when login on localhost(127.0.0.1) mentionned that “Access control is not enabled” is indeed strange. In my mongod.conf, i have security authorization = enabled.
The other weird thing is that on localhost, when i request the list of db users, i can see my admin user in the admin database. However, when login on 192…, when i request the list of users and roles, i see no users (see attachments).
As i’m running my terminal on windows, the ss command is not working as it is a linux command, though i’m attaching the equivalent with netstat.
I am attaching a couple of screenshots that i hope can help:
- mongod_conf.png → see binIp, port and authorization
- mogosh_admin_user_locahost.png → details of admin user when login on localhost
- mongosh_no_user_recognized_on_ip_192.png → no user found when login on ip=192.168.1.119
- ps_grep_mongo.png (command ps -aef | grep [m]ongo, you requested)
- net_stat_o.txt (should be the ~equivalent to the “ss -tlnp” if i’m not mistaken?)
Appreciate the help,
netstat_o.txt (11.0 KB)