ATLAS Pro in Azure Market Place

Can someone please help me with the below

Q1. What is the difference between Atlas Pro and Atlas in SaaS, ? (I see Pro has 24/7 support, does without Pro does not have 24/7 support, for enterprise which one will you suggest.)

I went ahead to create a free subscription in Azure Mkt place but I find a message as below, I am not able to understand the message.

Q2. What is the difference between having an instance on Atlas on Azure Market Place and Atlas in Mongo website ? ( other than from Billing Purpose, I understand the fact that MDB atlas instance in azure marketplace is just used for billing purposes )

Q3. Why do we have AWS IAM when I pick up Azure as a cloud while creating a cluster in Atlas in Mongo Website. ( I should use Azure Authentication, why should I use AWS when I choose Azure cloud )

Q4. How to get my azure account’s mongodb Atlas connected with Atlas on mongodb website, ( I find the below : [https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/security/federated-auth-azure-ad/] is there any blog with some detailed explanation or steps of implementation. )

Thanks and Regards,
Rayaguru

Q1. Pro is recommended for Enterprises as it comes with 24hrs support (2 hrs SLA).
The message is basically to intimate you that just choosing the plan doesn’t complete the process. You need to create your Atlas account and that is all detailed in the mail you receive post the subscribing.

Q2. Billing is the primary benefit along with burn down MACC for enterprises

Q3. All available options are shown in the UI. You can use Azure AD for authentication and authorization (database users). Details here

Q4. Technically both are same as clusters as created from Atlas portal only. Can you elaborate what you mean by connecting both of them ? Moving data between clusters or querying them together?

1 Like

Thanks Diana for your clarification
Need a few more, please

1. What is MACC ? , sorry could not understand.
  2. I understand that we can use VNET peering between MongoDB Atlas and your Azure subscription. But unable to find a daigram illustrating the private end ponit of MongoDB that application can use for connectivity. Can you please share something similar as below
  3. Why do we have AWS IAM when I pick up Azure as a cloud while creating a cluster in Atlas in Mongo Website. ( I should use Azure Authentication, why should I use AWS when I choose Azure cloud )
    Thanks and Regards,
    Rayaguru

Thanks for your interest and efforts.

1. Sorry for not detailing, MACC is Microsoft Azure Commit to Consume - refer here

2. Detailed steps for Vnet Peering are here and for Private end points , refer here .
    The diagram shows AWS VPC endpoint/ Private Link. It is exactly same for Azure, with Vnet, Azure Private Endpoint and Azure Private Link.

3. I thought that was answered. You can very well use Azure AD. Please send details/screenshot of where you are seeing the AWS mandated.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hello Diana,

Yes it really helped, slowing i am able to establish my footprints in Atlas.

Thanks for sharing the link for Pvt End Point

I am looking for a diagrammatic illustration for Vnet Peering for connecting to Atlas Pro by the Application team.
I find the below instances where AWS is referred even though I am putting my Atlas on Azure cloud.

Regards,
Rayaguru

Data Federation is relatively new and is only supported for AWS today. Happy to have a call so that we can help you with your use-case. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.