An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later

I have one ‘Users’ collection inside my MongoDB database. I’ve just added another collection, named ‘Posts’. I am able to insert a new document, inside it. However, when I try to edit the document, it gives my this error: https://ibb.co/F8MFwj8
This has been happening for a while. It’s the same error when I try to add extra fields, edit current fields/properties or delete them. Also, I can’t delete the entire document, either, after it’s been created. The only thing I can do is to insert the document.
These are my read/write permissions for the posts: settings hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB
I’ve also logged out and re-logged in, restarted my machine, cleared up my cache, entered MongoDB incognito or even from another browser, but the error still occurs.
Does anyone have any idea about what the problem could be? Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @Andrei_Daian,

Thanks for posting your issue. I had a look at the screenshots, and I don’t think this should be happening. I’ve notified our Atlas team of your problem and hopefully one of them will be able to get back to you here.

Mark

BTW you can paste images directly into this forum, like this:

and

No need to use an image hosting service :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for answering, Mark! Still haven’t realized the reason why the error occurs. However, I was contacted by Atlas team and hopefully they’ll be able to come with an explanation for it.
Although the apparent bug doesn’t necessarily harm my time in a particular bad way and I can always remake the collection from scratch, it’s good to understand the behavior and prevent such errors in the future !

1 Like

Hi, I have the same error and I don’t know why this happened.
Image from Gyazo

1 Like

After the error was gone, I added a compound index and then this error happened again.

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @Musashi_Sakamoto !

As the message suggests, service errors like this are often transient so retrying in a few minutes may resolve the error without intervention.

If an Atlas service error persists or further investigation is needed, please contact the Atlas support team directly via the Chat bubble at the lower right of your Atlas UI or by opening a support case if you have a support plan. The support team should be able to provide more insight into any errors or issues that are affecting your clusters.

Thanks,
Stennie

3 Likes