About space in field names of documents

I have some doubt about using space on name field. I have seen some fields name with space in some documents. Is there no problem doing that or is better to avoid?

@Augusto_74034 As long as its not the key field I should be ok as long as the value is quoted. Do you have an example of what you’re referring to?

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @Mike_67094!
Inside citibike.trips collection there are some key fields with white space, like end station name and others like so.

Can anyone help me to explain, How the the value type of the airTemperature field is “document”.
As per my understanding, we can treat document as records in a table and fields as column.
So, field has datatypes. Records contains multiple datatypes as per the fields.

1 Like

The fun thing about MongoDB is a field can actually contain more records :). Nested records! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can see a document field as an object field that can contains keys and values.
So, MongoDB support different types, like int32, string, boolean AND objects ^^.

It means in mongoDB, whether, it is a record or a field every instance has its own datatype… indirectly we can see “document” as a datatype or value type.

1 Like