Everything You Know About MongoDB Is Wrong Webinar HK
March 18, 2021
There are many myths around MongoDB - what it is, how it works, and what it does wrong. Like any database product, you need to know its capabilities and how to get the best out of it. On top of this, the product has changed a lot over the years, but lots of information out there hasn't caught up. We'll cover these myths around MongoDB, explain how they're wrong, why the myth originated in the first place (some of them weren't originally myths).
- What exactly is MongoDB?
- What is the current release of MongoDB?
- MongoDB is not a JSON database.
- MongoDB has transactions.
- MongoDB allows relationships. You should only consider sharding if you must.
- MongoDB is secure.
- MongoDB stores your data reliably.
- MongoDB is a big product, with lots to learn.
Along the way, We'll explain some of MongoDB's best-kept secrets, and provide practical tips and tricks for using it. The audience will leave with a good idea of what MongoDB is, what it isn't, and how to best develop with it.