MongoDB for Startups
Scale your startup from ideation to growth
To help startups build faster and scale further, MongoDB for Startups offers free MongoDB Atlas credits, one-on-one technical advice, co-marketing opportunities, and access to our partner network.
Why startups choose MongoDB Atlas
Why VCs and accelerators partner with MongoDB for Startups
We work with the best in the industry
What are the eligibility requirements for MongoDB for Startups?
- Early-stage startups: This program is intended for startups at Series A or earlier.
- Product or Service: Startups building a product or service (dev shops, consultants, or marketing agencies are not eligible).
- First-Time Participants: Companies that have not previously been part of MongoDB for Startups.
- Website: A live, functioning website.
- Company LinkedIn: A valid company profile on either of these sites, and a direct association with the person who is applying.
How do I apply to MongoDB for Startups?
We work closely with VCs, accelerators, and incubators. Please ask your VC or accelerator partner to refer you. If your VC or accelerator partner is not part of the MongoDB for Startups program, please ask them to apply.
If you are not involved with a VC, accelerator, or incubator, please apply above on this page.
Can I apply if I’m already using MongoDB?
Absolutely. You do not have to be new to MongoDB to be eligible for our program. We accept both new and existing MongoDB Atlas users.
What if I’ve applied but have not heard back yet?
If you haven't heard back from us after 5 business days please contact us.
When and where will I receive my promo code?
Once you are accepted into the program, you will receive a unique promo code in your welcome email.
How do I activate my promo code?
To activate your promo code:
- Visit cloud.mongodb.com
- Log in to your existing account or register for an account by clicking “Get Started for Free”
- Navigate to the page in the top navigation and click “Billing”
- If Billing is not an available option, click on your profile at the top right corner and click “Organizations” in the drop-down menu
- Find the organization you want to apply the activation code to and click the organization’s name
- Billing will appear on the left side navigation
- In the “Billing Overview” tab, scroll down and click the button “Apply Code” and add your promo code into the field
Note: Only Organization Owners have the ability to apply the promo code. To view your team’s access roles, go to the “Access Manager” dropdown at the top of your account and click “Organization Access.”
Can I wait to apply my promo code?
Yes, you have 12 months to activate your promo code.
When does my promo code expire?
Once activated, you have 12 months to use your Atlas credits.
Where can I see my promo code’s expiration date?
To view the expiration date of your credits, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit cloud.mongodb.com
- Log in to your existing account
- Navigate to the top navigation bar and click “Billing”
- Scroll to the bottom to the “Available Credits” section
- Under the “Active Dates” column, there will be gray text that states “(EXPIRES MM/DD/YY)”
What if my credits are expiring or have expired? If you are not able to exhaust your credits in 12 months, you can request an extension (considered on a case-by-case basis). If possible, please contact us when you have three months remaining.
Where can I get technical support?
If you are interested in advice on data best practices and solutions to operational issues, we recommend signing up for the Developer Support plan. The Developer Support team provides 24/7 support, in-app chat, and support portal access. The first 30 days are free, and you can use your Atlas credits to pay beyond that period (starting at $49 per month).
MongoDB also offers a professional services team of experts to accelerate your startup’s success. As part of this program, you get exclusive access to a one-on-one session with an expert to learn best practices and receive guidance on your startup needs.
What if I have more questions?
Contact us — we’re here to help!