Cloud computing is a relatively new computing trend that has taken hold in the past few years. The term describes software products and services that are delivered over a cloud-based network as opposed to on premise.
Cloud services offer several advantages compared to on-premise hosting of applications, including:
- Lower cost. With a cloud service you only pay for the capacity you need. You don’t need to invest in extra resources upfront to anticipate potential growth.
- Flexibility. Easily adjust resources up or down to handle unanticipated demand on your application.
- Customizable. Adjust capabilities to your requirements – whether it be bandwidth, processing, or storage.
- Reliable. You up the chances for better disaster recovery and business continuity since distributed servers means you can interact and react to users locally
As companies are increasingly hosting their applications in the cloud, they also look to do the same with other elements of their infrastructure such as their databases. The latest database technology, known as NoSQL, is particularly made to take advantage of cloud environments. It makes sense to use a cloud service to host a NoSQL database such as MongoDB. With a native scale-out architecture, MongoDB is easy to run in the cloud.
MongoDB’s Cloud Manager affords you all the benefits of a cloud service by saving you time, money, and guesswork in running your database. With Cloud Manager you get:
- Comprehensive monitoring tools for full visibility the health of your MongoDB deployment
- Optimized queries with the Visual Query Profiler feature
- Automation features to make deploying, upgrading, and growing your database as simple as clicking a button
- Automatic provisioning on Amazon Web Services with an optimal configuration for MongoDB
Enterprises of all sizes from the latest startup to a third of the Fortune 100 rely on MongoDB to build modern applications. For those who choose to run their database in the cloud, they find Cloud Manager a valuable asset in managing their MongoDB deployment.
We offer a 30-day trial of Cloud Manager so you can experience risk-free, the benefits of running MongoDB in the cloud. Start your trial today.