Cloud computing has emerged as a hot trend in recent years as modern computing practices make it especially beneficial to scale your system horizontally across cheap commodity servers.
Using a cloud server to host your application offers many advantages over hosting on premise. For example, running an application in the cloud is:
- Less expensive than hosting the software on premises. When you buy cloud services, you only pay for the capacity you need – no more, no less.
- More flexible as you can easily increase or decrease the number of cloud servers you use based on current demand.
- Reliability in many cases can be enhanced by a cloud server which serves users locally thanks to better geographic distribution. That can spell better disaster recovery and business continuity in case of application downtime.
For these same reasons, companies are increasingly choosing to deploy their databases in the cloud as well. NoSQL databases, like the very popular MongoDB, were built to take advantage of cloud environments. MongoDB, with its native scale-out architecture, is particularly well-suited for the cloud.
Managing MongoDB deployments with Cloud Manager management solutions saves you time, money, and guesswork in running your database. You get:
- Comprehensive monitoring tools that provide full visibility into the health of your deployment
- A Visual Query Profiler feature that helps you achieve fast and simple query optimization
- Automation features that make time-consuming management tasks as easy as clicking a button
- Automatic machine provisioning on Amazon Web Services that is optimally configured for MongoDB
Companies of all sizes rely on MongoDB to build modern applications across a broad variety of use cases. For those who choose to run their database in the cloud, they find Cloud Manager an indispensable tool keeping their database running smoothly.
Find out more about the compelling benefits that Cloud Manager provides by starting a risk-free 30-day trial of Cloud Manager today.