PRESENTATION - February 19, 2019
Streamline MongoDB Deployments with OpenShift and Kubernetes
Today more DevOps teams are leveraging the power of containerization, and technologies like Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift, to manage containerized database clusters. To support teams building cloud-native apps with Kubernetes and OpenShift, we introduced a Kubernetes Operator (beta).
With the MongoDB Enterprise Operator for Kubernetes you are able to manage the lifecycle of your MongoDB deployments in your Kubernetes cluster easily, with no operational burden.
This talk covers:
- Installing and configuring MongoDB Kubernetes Operator in OpenShift
- Managing your MongoDB deployments lifecycle with the Kubernetes Operator
- Using Enterprise monitoring and backup solutions from MongoDB
By the end of the talk, you will have a better understanding of how MongoDB can live in your Kubernetes and OpenShift cluster and what that means in terms of security, resiliency, and ease of operation.
Where to go for more information
More information will be available on the MongoDB documentation website in the near future. Until then check out these resources for more information:
- Join the MongoDB Slack channel: #enterprise-kubernetes. You can sign up at https://launchpass.com/mongo-db
- GitHub: https://github.com/mongodb/mongodb-enterprise-kubernetes
- To see all MongoDB operations best practices, download our whitepaper: https://www.mongodb.com/collateral/mongodb-operations-best-practices