PRESENTATION - July 25, 2017
MongoDB and Microservices Part 1: Powering Microservices with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, and MongoDB
This session introduced technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Kafka, which are driving the microservices revolution. Learn about containers and orchestration – and most importantly, how to exploit them for stateful services such as MongoDB.
What You Will Learn:
- Why organizations are choosing to use microservice architectures, what benefits they deliver, and when they should – or shouldn't – be used.
- Technologies that are used to build microservices – including containers, orchestration, and messaging systems.
- Why MongoDB is a good fit for microservices and what special steps need to be taken to make them work well together.
Then, find out how to implement microservices by watching the Creating Highly-Available MongoDB Microservices with Docker Containers and Kubernetes session.
In this session we explored how to:
- Successfully define our database infrastructure with MongoDB running on Docker containers
- Orchestrate MongoDB containers with Kubernetes in multiple environments, considerations and strategies for managing stateful MongoDB containers
- Manage high availability and resiliency in a distributed system while running on a container technology such as Kubernetes