In this talk, we’ll discuss the unique and specific challenges designing for conducting research in disaster-affected communities around the world. We'll cover how we plan and perform research and testing, and how we approach building products that aim to solve deep human problems such as:
- How can you trust your local community to support you in your time of need?
- How do you mitigate harassment?
- How do people keep themselves safe?
- What are the micro-decisions you make in a voluntary exchange?
- When does helping become ‘free labor’?
- And, does using AI and machine learning really matter to users?