From RDBMS to MongoDB - Tell us your story to win a pass to OSCON Data
We’re seeing a lot of interesting case studies about migrations from relational databases to MongoDB. Do you have a similar story? If so, we’d love to hear from you in our May developer blog contest.
The rules are simple: tell us what database you started with, and describe why and how you made the switch to MongoDB. Do it all in a detailed blog post. Here are some questions you might consider answering, just to get you started:
- How far along was your application when you starting thinking about migrating?
- Was there a major pain point that pushed you to MongoDB?
- Did you consider any other NoSQL or relational databases?
- How was the development process different?
- Any notable changes in application performance?
Once complete, submit a link to your blog post in the comments section of this post by the end of the month. In addition, tweet your blog post with the hashtag #MongoDevBlog. You can follow the hashtag for entries and discussion about the contest.
We’ll announce the winner in early June. The winner will receive all the prizes listed below, and everyone who enters will receive a MongoDB coffee mug.
May contest prizes:
- Pass to OSCON Data and hotel room (you will have to cover your own airfare)
- MongoDB Timbuk2 backpack
- Free entry for you and two friends to the MongoDB conference of your choice
- Entry into the MongoDB App of the Year Contest
- Your blog tweeted out to the 10,000+ followers of @mongodb
At the end of the year, we’ll pick the best entry from all the monthly contest entries to win the App of the Year. The App of the Year winner will win either a MacBook Pro or an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City or San Francisco for one of our MongoDB conferences.