MongoSF is Sold Out
In three weeks over 200 developers will gather in San Francisco to learn about, discuss, and hack on MongoDB at the first conference dedicated to Mongo. The multi-track conference includes sessions on schema design, administration, sharding, replication, and more, led by the 10gen developers working on the database.
Also on the MongoSF agenda are several presentations on real-world deployments of MongoDB. Emmett Shear, the CTO of Justin.tv, will lead a session on event logging. Tony Tam of Wordnik - which is storing 1.2TB of data in over 5 billion records - will discuss moving from MySQL to Mongo. As Ryan Angilly recently blogged, he will talk about the process of getting MongoDB up and running in short order at Punchbowl Software. Michael Bryzek will explain how Gilt Groupe, one of the fastest-growing startups in the country, is using Mongo for real-time analytics. John Nunemaker and Steve Smith of Ordered List and RailsTips fame plan to showcase their OM MongoMapper and their Mongo-powered CMS Harmony App.
10gen is excited to be co-sponsoring MongoSF with Hashrocket and Dreamhost. Hashrocket developed Mongoid and recently completed a million-dollar project in which they built a pharmaceutical application with Mongo. Dreamhost provides Linux-based web hosting and offers instant configuration and deployment of MongoDB.
If you didn’t register in time, there is still opportunity to attend. We’re looking for 4 volunteers to help with the event. Also, please add yourself to the waitlist - we’ll provide information on recordings, slides, and other resources from the event.
- Arrive early to conference for short orientation
- Assist with setup and registration
- Monitor one “track” of the conference
- Keep time and give speakers warnings (e.g. 5 minutes, wrap up, etc.)
- Set up and manage A/V and recording (bonus if you can lend us a camera for the day!)
- Direct attendees to the appropriate rooms and answer questions
- Access to sold out conference and after-party
- MongoDB polo shirt
- Invitation to dinner with the speakers and 10gen team the night before the conference
- Email email@example.com one paragraph about why you’d like to volunteer!