MongoDB European conferences next week
There’s just a week to go before our European conferences, when over 400 members of the MongoDB community will gather in London, Paris, and Berlin. The level of interest in and enthusiasm for MongoDB is really exciting. There are just a few places left if you still want to attend either the London and Berlin events. Paris is now sold out but we are taking names for the waiting list.
10gen founder Eliot Horowitz, and several of the key engineers developing the MongoDB project will be presenting sessions aimed at developers and administrators interested in learning how to use the database, with sessions on schema design, indexing, administration, deployment strategies, scaling, and other features.
You will also get to hear from several companies about some of the ways in which they are using MongoDB. Here’s just a taste of some of those sessions planned:
- Graham Tackley of Guardian News and Media will talk about why the Guardian chose MongoDB for guardian.co.uk
- David Mytton, Founder, Boxed Ice, who use MongoDB to handle billions of database documents, will talk about monitoring MongoDB.
- Russell Smith, UKD1 Limited, will cover Geo & capped collections with MongoDB - use cases & performance in the real world.
- Martin Tepper, Travel IQ will explain the architectural problems, and how Travel IQ solved them by using MongoDB as a layer on top of their RDBMS.
- Lennart Koopmann, XING, will talk about how MongoDB capped collections are perfect for logging. Lennart built his project Graylog2 on top of a capped collection and will talk about his experiences, what you can do with them and what they are good at.
- Maxime Topolov will talk about how freerice.com, a Drupal site is using MongoDB to serve over 20 Millions page views per day.
- François de Metz & Ori Pekelman, AF83, will talk about how UCEngine, an Open Source Unified Communication and Collaboration application toolkit, is using MongoDB to store event data in an effecient way.
- Victor Goya, one of the core developer of UC Engine, will provide an overview of the architecture of UCEngine and a detailed feedback on how it benefits from MongoDB.
The conferences are also a great opportunity to meet with and discuss your interest in or usage of MongoDB with the 10gen team and other MongoDB users.
We are really looking forward to catching up with you next week, both during the conferences and and at the after parties! :-)
MongoUK 2011, 21st March
Mongo France 2011, 23rd March
Mongo Germany 2011, 25th March
Special thanks to Skills Matter in London and AF83 and La Cantine in Paris for their support and partnership for these events.
Finally, there are some slots open for lightning talks in London and Berlin. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in presenting.
We look forward to seeing you next week!