October Developer Blog Contest: How do you Shard your Data?
Effective sharding is one of the keys to a scalable MongoDB deployment. In this month’s blog contest, we want to hear about how you sharded your data!
Contest RulesThe rules are simple: share how you sharded your data in MongoDB by writing a description of your data model. Do it all in a detailed blog post and make sure you answer the following questions:
- What did you chose for your shard key and why?
- What are the most common queries/updates to your data and how do they leverage your shard key?
- What other shard key options did you consider and why were they rejected?
We’ll announce the winner in early November. The winner will receive all the prizes listed below, and everyone who enters will receive a MongoDB giftpack.
October contest prizes
- Apple T.V. and $100 iTunes gift card
- Free entry for you and two friends to the MongoDB conference of your choice
- Entry into the MongoDB App of the Year Contest
- Your blog tweeted out to the 10,000+ followers of @mongodb