Coronavirus Map and Live Data Tracker with MongoDB Charts
Rate this article
- Removed links to Thomas's dashboard as it's not supported anymore.
- The JHU dataset changed again a few times. It's not really stable and it makes it complicated to build something reliable on top of this service. This is the reason why we created our more accessible version of the JHU dataset.
- It's the same data but transformed in JSON documents and available in a readonly MongoDB Cluster we built for you.
- My new dashboard updates automatically every hour as new data comes in.
Here is an example of the charts we made using the Coronavirus dataset. More below and in the MongoDB Charts dashboards.
We have to make decisions at work every day.
- Should we discontinue this project?
- Should we hire more people?
- Can we invest more in this branch? How much?
Leaders make decisions. Great leaders make informed decisions, based on facts backed by data and not just based on assumptions, feelings or opinions.
The management of the Coronavirus outbreak obeys the same rules. To make the right decisions, we need accurate data.
Having data is great but it can also be overwhelming. That's why data visualisation is also very important. Data alone doesn't speak and doesn't help make informed decisions.
Then we used this data to produce a dashboard to monitor the progression of the virus.
Here are a few of the graphs I was able to import in here with just two clicks.