Prisma is an open-source ORM for Node.js and TypeScript that helps developers build faster and make fewer errors. On this episode, host Mike Lynn sits down with Nikolas Burk and Matt Miller of the Prisma team to discuss the Prisma + MongoDB Launch Week. Nikolas is a Developer Advocate and Matt is a Product Manager at Prisma, and together they're here to outline what Prisma is now capable of with MongoDB support, including effects on developer workflows and efficiency.
Other topics of conversation include:
- How Prisma's introspection capabilities allow for flexible schemas in database management.
- Relational databases, embedded documents, and inferring relationships
- What the Prisma + MongoDB relationship was like throughout beta phase to production ready
- How Matt and Nikolas ended up at Prisma
- Prisma and making the experience of modeling data really easy
- Impacts on data migration, emphasis on typescript and type safety, and other benefits
Check out Prisma:
More about Prisma + MongoDB Launch Week