Whether Realm sync can be work with IonicFramework?

Awesome to hear. However can you give and estimate of “shortly”. Is this days, weeks or months?

Hi @Gerald_Owens, Diego here, working on aforementioned post

We aim for it to be published this week, or next one. But take this with a grain of salt: this is a developer’s estimation and you know…

Thanks for your patience and interest.

1 Like

@Gerald_Owens @Alan_Claudio_Melo1 @Es_Degan_N_A @Darren_Hunter

Hi all - glad to add that we’ve published Let’s Give Your Realm-Powered Ionic Web App the Native Treatment on iOS and Android! | MongoDB which builds upon Ionic’s previous post with Realm. Please do check it out, and let us know what you think.

2 Likes

Great news Shane!!!

Thanks

This is a good article but I think we are all looking for when Realm will be available using Ionic Capacitor. So we can write using the Native Realm SDK and hence have offline ability and native syncing rather than polling
Thanks

1 Like

We are working on that as the next post - taking the integration to the next level with a Realm Capacitor Plugin. So, it’s on the cards and hopefully before the end of the year.

1 Like

Any update on ionic angular with realm ?

1 Like

We will have news before the end of the year? :crossed_fingers:

Any news?
for realm plugin in capacitor/angular

1 Like

luck was not on our side, let’s hope that the integration with IONIC and angular will be soon.

Are there any news for angular/capacitor?

1 Like

Hi Nils,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the MongoDB Forums.

Not yet, we still don’t have the Realm Capacitor Plugin. Today I saw a task to follow up on this, so I’ll try to get an idea about when this will be available.

Thanks again for posting,

Diego

3 Likes

Is there a plugin or some sort of method to integrate local mongo DB into a capacitor app…?
I have been working on a capacitor project with mongodb as database , mongodb is working fine in the web version but not in the android one…can anyone help me on this issue …?

2 Likes

Hi Alfred,

Welcome to the MongoDB Forums. As you can read here still no Capacitor plugin, sorry.

Will update here when we have more info

Diego

4 Likes

Just wanted to see if there are any updates surrounding timeline or likelihood of an Ionic realm sync, or a capacitor version.

4 Likes

Yes +1, I’d also like to use this, a lot of mobile app need to work offline, so without the realm/sync it’s pretty useless IMHO. This is the main barrier to us adopting MongoDb for the majority of our projects, instead we tend to use CouchDb/PouchDb which allows for offline first and syncing.

2 Likes

Yep, +1. Capacitor.js is getting increasingly popular, and while they suggest using an SQLite for some data, If MongoDB Atlas steps into adding a capacitor plugin for Realm support, together with its syncing capabilities, they can attract a lot of developers . The MongoDB App Services with the serverless infrastructure would be a game changer.

And before someone says - why do not just use ReactNative, well, I personally can do it, BUT this is a library of Facebook, and it was BSD+ (now MIT after dev world pressure). I prefer something like Vue3 with Composition API - clean, super fast, and secure. So I shall be really out of any options to jump on the React ship. :slight_smile:

I don’t want to use SQLite or another solution, Realm is perfect for use with MongoDB.

1 Like

It would be, indeed if it was supporting not only React Native but also other mobile hybrid solutions - e.g. Capacitor.

I’d also like to use this, a lot of mobile app need to work offline, so without the realm/sync it’s pretty useless IMHO. This is the main barrier to us adopting MongoDb for the majority of our projects, instead we tend to use CouchDb/PouchDb which allows for offline first and syncing..