Where is the lesson on mongo shell?

I went through all of Chapter 2: Importing, Exporting, and Querying Data… 2 times and not once did someone say the words “mongo shell” so on the quiz questions…
the 1st question I was lucky to guess it right but on this one.

Which of the following statements are true about the mongo shell?
I got it WRONG.
Its all good to put question up that are NOT talked about to get people to fail.

Hey @Bret_Thompson,

The quiz questions in the course are based on the Lecture videos prior to those questions.

Though the Summary section towards the end of the Lecture: Find Command briefly introduces the mongo shell, I completely agree with you that there could be a better way to explain about the mongo shell for our users to successfully pass the quiz.

I highly appreciate your feedback and I would forward it to our Curriculum Team.
Meanwhile, I would recommend you to follow along with MongoDB Documentation so that you can better understand the concepts taught in the video lectures and practice additional examples, wherever needed.

Here is the link to learn more about the Mongo Shell.
If you have any additional questions about the concepts in the course, feel free to reach out to us on the forums so that our team can provide you with a better learning experience.

Kind Regards,
Sonali

1 Like

sorry but it definitely was not covered. Like I said I went through the lesson 2 times and shell was never said. It was later said in chapter 3 AFTER the quiz question.

and this example on the quiz Chapter 3: Creating and Manipulating Documents was also not covered with an array inside. yep failed this quiz question also.

{ "_id": 1,
  "pet": "cat",
  "attributes": [ { "coat": "fur",
                    "type": "soft" },
                  { "defense": "claws",
                    "location": "paws",
                    "nickname": "murder mittens" } ],
  "name": "Furball" }

Hi @Bret_Thompson,

There are 2 ways to interact with the data in this course:

1. You can use Atlas Data Explorer, and
  2. Connect to the cluster using the terminal in the In-Browser IDE

While the Data explorer has a readable interface, you can view the exact JSON document in the IDE terminal and it will help you understand the structure of the documents.

The documents in the sample_training.grades collections are a good example of field values containing arrays of objects. Please check this in your IDE and you should be able to correctly understand the Quiz: Updating Documents.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

Kind Regards,
Sonali

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.