Weird crashing on iOS 13

Hi,

I seem to be crashing on iOS 13 (simulator too) from some reason, on this line:
malloc_ptr classes(objc_copyClassList(&numClasses), &free);

When initializing realm. Can’t figure out the cause. Any idea?

HI @donut,

is there some code you can share that reproduces this issue?

I am having the same issue, my code last goes through let realm = try ? Realm() and then it crashes on the same line as yours.

Crash happens on iOS 13 simulator, same code was working in previous months and still works in iOS 14.
I didn’t find a solution yet

Just an update, for me the crash was not related to Realm, it is the strangest thing that xcode breaks at a line in realm but after further investigation in the console, the crash was cause by me having a coordinator using OpenURL call which is unavailable in iOS 13, although the class is marked platform ios14 and higher. Cannot find the slightest link between the crash on realm and the actual cause of the crash as that piece of code isn’t even called on runtime but just removing that coordinator fixed the crash.
TL;DR the crash might very well be irrelevant to Realm and might be linked to SwiftUI binary linking causing issue in iOS 13, check previous commits to know exactly when did it break.

Hi @Elliott_Chkayben – many thanks for circling back with that update

Hi everybody

I have the same crash. I am using realm 10.25.2. If I remove realm of my project or use with device iOS 14 this works, but If I use device iOS 13 don’t works. I use Xcode 13.2.1
Also I try use other version like 10.20 or 10.17 but I don’t success.

Anybody can help me?

Thank you.

@Alejandro_Acosta

Since this crash reported in the original question was not related to Realm, creating a new thread and question describing your issue - be sure to include the code you’re using and troubleshooting steps you’ve done, along with XCode version and how Realm was included (CocoaPods? Version? etc) so we can duplicate the issue and maybe come up with a solution