Validate_lab_different_logpath ERROR

Hi All,
When running above script, I am getting following error message:

Client experienced a timeout when connecting to the database - check that mongod is running on the correct port, and that your user was created with the correct settings.

I am following " Lab - Logging to a Different Facility" exercise.
I have tried both 27000 and 27017 default port.
I also tried authentication enabled and disabled on the instance.
The script gives me same error.

I wish there was a way to find out how script it trying to authenticate for debug purpose.

[Deleted]

Please help.
-Thanks!

The value of net.port does not match the requirements. You are supposed to modifiy the configuration file of the previous lab. The requirements for the previous lab was to use port 27000. Right after you run the validation script please provide the output of

ps -aef | grep [m]ongo
ss -tlnmp

and please put this output inside pre html tag. Before you try that please send the last 20 lines of
/var/mongodb/db/mongod.log.

1 Like

Hi @mdb4dp,

Please share the information requested by @steevej-1495 in previous post and also make thee suggested change in your configuration file.

In addition to that, I have edited your post to remove the content of the configuration file. It is against our forum guidelines to post answers any potential information which may lead to answer in the discussion forum. Please take care of it from the next time.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer

That worked!

Thanks Steevej!!

Shubham,
Sorry for that mishap of entire config file upload.
I will keep in mind going forward.

Thanks!

Hi @mdb4dp,

I’m glad your issue got resolved. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other issues.

Thanks,
Shubham Ranjan
Curriculum Services Engineer