People who are struggling with vagrant up on their windows like:
Here are the possible solutions:
Here is what I did. I have a Windows7 SP1 machine.
- I downloaded the latest versions of vagrant and virtual box.
- I updated poweshell from 2 to 3 using the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/set-up-your-computer-for-windows-powershell/download-and-install-windows-powershell-3-0
- I enabled the virtualization in the BIOS (on my machine is was under device configuration)
People who are struggling with the following error:
Command: [“startvm”, “d3da0d72-3297-4e35-b301-23c8cfb4db96”, “–type”, "headless "]
Stderr: VBoxManage.exe: error: VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component ConsoleWrap, interface IConsole
Please try these steps and let me know if nothing works:
- Enable virtualization in the BIOS.
- Make sure you have Hyper-V turned off in Windows 10 For Windows 10: Press Windows key. Type “Turn Windows features on or off” Deselect checkbox next to Hyper-V. Select OK. Select Restart now.
I hope it helps! Will keep this post updated as I see more solutions.