Upgrade to 10.5.0 causes app to freeze

Yesterday I updated to the latest version. After a while when opening the app it froze completly. Looking further into it I discovered that the issue was caused when calling ‘Realm.getInstanceAsync’. None of the callbacks (onSucces/onError) got triggered. I checked the currentUser, it was not ‘null’. There was no error message at all, just the freeze.

As soon as I switched back to 10.4.0 everything was working fine again.

I guess it has something to do with this recent fix: “[RealmApp] Proactively check the expiry time on the access token and refresh it before attempting to initiate a sync session. This prevents some error logs from appearing on the client such as: “ERROR: Connection[1]: Websocket: Expected HTTP response 101 Switching Protocols, but received: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized” (RCORE-473, since v10.0.0).”

@Annika: Thanks for letting us about the issue, we will come back to you as soon as we have an update.

@Mohit_Sharma: Any update on this? I tried version 1.6.0, but I got the same issue. Had to go back to 1.4.0 to get the app working again. This is very unfortunate because I would really like to benefit from the fixes in the new version!

Isn’t anyone else experiencing this? Not sure if this issue is actually related to mine: Stuck on login realm using existing user object · Issue #7501 · realm/realm-java · GitHub

@Annika : Thanks for following up. I can confirm that is issue exist and working on fix.

@Mohit_Sharma Can you tell me where this issue is tracked? Version 1.6.1 is not fixing it. So I still have to stick with version 1.4.0.

@Annika : You can track the progress of the issue from our github repo