Unable to start the vagrant environment

I am currently unable to even start up the VM, here is a SS of my cmd

I would really appreciate the help so I can continue with the course

Hey @Camilo_Francisco_49876

Have you created another VM somewhere with the same name? Perhaps launch VirtualBox and see what VM are listed??

Hi @Camilo_Francisco_49876,

I had the same thing happen to me. It was because I did in fact already have another VM with the same name (…from a previous enrollment in this course…I’m now going through this course a 2nd time as a refresher).

I’m not sure if this applies to your situation, but if it does, these are the steps that I took to be able to start over again with a clean slate (BTW, I’m on a Mac):

• delete only (in the case that you have other unrelated VMs) the mongod-m103 directory in ~/VirtualBox VMs/ => note: initially, I thought that this was all that I needed to do to completely delete this particular VM, but I also needed to:

• go to /Applications/VirtualBox.app => mongod-m103 => right click => remove to completely remove the old VM

Then try to implement a fresh install from scratch. I hope that this helps:-)

3 Likes

This helped me inmensely I really appreciate your response

1 Like

I’m glad that I was able to help! :smile:

Hi Camilo,

Can you please guide me on this, I am also facing the same issue but unable to understand the steps suggested by Juliettet

Hi @Abhijit_53607,

As mentioned by @juliettet, you need to go to the location Users --> “your computer’s name” --> VirtualBox VMs and delete mongod-m103 . Similarly, from VirtualBox.app.

You can also look at the following post which contains docs that consist of detailed method to completely uninstall and install Vagrant/VirtualBox.

https://www.mongodb.com/community/forums/t/installing-setting-up-vagrant-and-run-validation-scripts/1314/6

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Muskan

1 Like

Yes now it is working for me:)

1 Like

Great! @Abhijit_53607 :slight_smile:

Please feel free to reach out to us in case of any further queries.

Thanks,
Muskan