Unable to install validation scripts

Hi everyone!

When I try to run vagrant up --provision on my machine I get the following error while trying to download and extract the validation script:
mongod-m103: Successfully installed pymongo mongod-m103: Cleaning up... mongod-m103: + download_validators mongod-m103: + echo 'Downloading Validation Scripts' mongod-m103: Downloading Validation Scripts mongod-m103: + curl -s https://s3.amazonaws.com/edu-static.mongodb.com/lessons/M103/m103_validation.tgz -o m103_validation.tgz mongod-m103: + tar -xzvf m103_validation.tgz -C /var/m103/validation mongod-m103: ./._validate_lab_change_dbpath mongod-m103: validate_lab_change_dbpath mongod-m103: validate_lab_configuration_file mongod-m103: tar: mongod-m103: Skipping to next header mongod-m103: tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what went wrong.

I ran into the same error while I was trying to download the datasets so I just manually downloaded and extracted them to my machine and removed these steps from the start up process.

I’ve been searching through the forums but I haven’t found anyone with a similar issue yet, and I would really like to start progressing through these chapters.

I am currently using a W10 x64 machine.

Thanks!
Juli

These type of issues are mostly due to network/firewall/vpn/anti virus issues which block your download
Are you on Corporate network?

Please try from another location/machine
There are couple of threads.You can check and try those vagrant destroy,vagrant up
So after commenting those lines are you able to progress?

Thanks so much for the heads up! I am actually working on this from my personal machine at home so that’s weird that I’m seeing these network issues.

I can comment those lines out - but how can I pull down the validators so they will be accessible on my VM? :slight_smile:

Also as a follow up to my previous comment… Would it be possible to adjust the ports on my home network to account for this? Is there a recommend configuration?

Please read through this post. The main point is using wget to replace curl.

1 Like