Ticket Connection SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Hi there,

On executing pytest -m connection i am getting the following error,

pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: mflix-shard-00-01-m5hjq.mongodb.net:27017: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] 
certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1045)

Assistance appreciated, Thank you.

@Ayub_64513, can you connect to your cluster with the mongo shell?

Yes i can connect via mongo shell

Yes i can connect via mongo shell

Did you active the mflix anaconda environment?

The command is:

conda activate mflix

1 Like

Hi Steve, I am using virtualenv. I had used it for other courses so I decided to stick with it.

Have you set the same SECRET_KEY and URI for both [PROD] and [TEST] in your .ini file?

I was wondering about that. I have not changed the secret key i.e I have left it as i found it when I downloaded the file mflix-python.

1 Like

I changed both SECRET_KEY to the same value and both URI to the atlas cluster that I created earlier.

May be that’s why it is working here and not in your env.

Do you get the secret key from the cluster configuration/settings or can i put any key i please ?

So i googled and i found a post on stackoverflow,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40684543/how-to-make-python-use-ca-certificates-from-mac-os-truststore

macos - How to make Python use CA certificates
from Mac OS TrustStore? - Stack Overflow - Stack Overflow - Where Developers Learn, Share, & Build Careers

This is also a problem in Python 3.6 with MacOS Sierrra. I know your use case is different. But I stumbled upon this thread while investigating this problem.

So from the terminal i executed

/Applications/Python\ 3.7/Install\ Certificates.command

Now the tests are passing. I am getting an error when checking the status now but i will create another ticket.
Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

I created my own. I used letters and underscore only. I saw your next post and I want to let you know that I am running under Arch Linux.

1 Like

What is necessary to put in there? Thanks!!!

A string only known to you. I used my email address and replaced all special characters with underline.

1 Like

Thanks guys! This was exactly what I needed. I think its mandatory to do this if you stick with virtualenv. I also did not want to install conda. :slight_smile:

I have the same issue but I can not connect with the mongo shell

There are many reasons for a connection failure. Share the error message, otherwise we cannot help.

Hi @Matias_Zulberti - welcome to the forums,

Can you create a new topic where we can focus on your connection issue using the Mongo Shell - can you supply specifically what the issue and errors you are seeing, what you are connecting to in terms of whether it is local or in Atlas and your local software setup - have you configured your virtual environment, what version of Python are you using?

These details and a fresh thread will help us more quickly help you find the solution to your connection issues.

Kindest regards,
Eoin

I just created a new one. Thanks