System hangs on Vagrant Provision test_io

I’m not sure why this keeps happening but Vagrant is just stopping at “test_io” after I run “vagrant provision”.

I’ve let it run for multiple hours and it never completes. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and how to fix it? I had previously got things up and running, but the box crashed and I had to reinstall everything, except now I get this weird issue.

If there’s an alternative to using Vagrant or a way to install manually I would really like to know what it is, because I’ve easily spent more than 6 hours on this install alone and I can’t do any of the actual “homework” for the course without this :confused:

1 Like

What is your os?
Check if you have missed any steps
Have you installed vbguest plugin?
Run in debug mode.It may give more details
vagrant up --debug
Also search our forum threads.There are many threads on m312 vagrant setup issues

Thanks for responding @Ramachandra_Tummala

I’m using Windows 10 and I just deleted and reinstalled with vagrant destroy and vagrant up (and also deleting the virtual box files from my PC) and somehow it worked, eventually.

I did look around at a lot of the issues but didn’t seem to find any referencing this specific problem of the provision hanging.

Anyhow it’s working now, so feel free to close this thread. Thanks.