Skip till step-6 if you already know how to do it…
- Download the zip file.
- Unzip it on any directory on your computer/laptop.
- Open the folder, right click => more options => open in VSCode. [for win-11 users]
- Edit the dotenv-win/dotenv-unix file as told & save.
- Install NodeJS if not done already.
- Open a terminal in VSCode by pressing [CTRL] + [back quote] . That’s the key left to your ‘1’ numkey. Run the following command:
node -vto check if node is working. If you get back the version number then you’re ready to go!
- Delete the package-lock.json file & run
npm install --legacy-peer-depsinstead of
npm installsince this code is only for educational purpose so not updated & contain a lot of old stuff which will not work otherwise.
- If you see a lot of warning & error messages related to npm-gyp, run
npm rebuild& this should fix the issue.
- Now run
npm start. Your server should start at http://localhost:5000
- Visit the address to check the page. If everything is running properly, you can run your tests.