Signs of a Monday

Mine looks like latte in a pint glass. How’s your Monday going?

3 Likes

Unfortunately all the days have blurred together into one giant swirl. :frowning:

But now that you mention that it’s Monday, that explains why a lot of my development systems are having issues after a weekend of normal maintenance. :wink:

3 Likes

@Doug_Duncan come on!
What would we have if suddenly well tested software, is smoothly run thru our CD? No last second config changes done after testing from the best friend of… We never would know that we just passed a maintenance weekend…
Five years back in times of dev and ops I lost already my Saturday Indicator. These days dev threw a build on a Friday afternoon over the fence and on Saturday you got the nice wakeup calls, …

So happy that my Monday is almost passed (37min left) - let’s see what we will find tomorrow :slight_smile:

All the best
Michael

4 Likes

@michael_hoeller, when you said that Monday is almost passed, I was thinking work hours and thought it strange with us being in much different time zones that we would end our work day at the same time. I realize now however that it is close to midnight there in Germany and Monday has truly come to an end for you.

One must ask why you are still up at this time. I hope you’re not working this late and that you are up enjoying a nice quiet evening.

3 Likes

Hello @Doug_Duncan

a very valid remark.

I actually was working close before the post. But it is not as bad as it might sound, I try to keep my day structured. As a remote worker and independent consultant I have to be flexible. I have customers in Germany and Oversea so I have to deal with timezones (-7 and -10 hours). Beside that I take some time off for my family, “homeschooling” and workout. So at the end not a standard setup but a well working for all in the loop.

Cheers
Michael

4 Likes

My ‘working hours’ have definitely shifted significantly in the After Days. I spend my morning and early afternoon hours taking meetings, then the afternoon and evening with the family, doing homeschool and chores and cooking dinner, then later evening hours back at work, getting things done with minimal distractions, and finally bed – which is regularly disrupted by my toddler who still hasn’t figured out how to consistently sleep yet. I’m tired, y’all. :tired_face:

4 Likes