ServerSelectionTimeoutError: cluster0-shard-00-01.j0tae.mongodb.net:27017: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)

although i have connected mongodb atlas successfully with python with pymongo but when i try to extract or push some information into database i am getting this error"““ServerSelectionTimeoutError: cluster0-shard-00-01.j0tae.mongodb.net:27017: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)””“” as iread some article and checked certify in python certificates are also installed. and one more thing that one my was also working on the same clustter and with same python script but read and write operation was successfull in his system and i am getting the above error please help

Hi @Ishant_Srivastava,

Welcome to MongoDB Community.

Please verify that your public bundle TLS certificates on this host are up to date.

See my repsonse for Java issue and try to use it for your use case:

If you can also test a mongo shell connection from the same host it will be great.

Best regards,
Pavel

2 Likes

I also got the same issue and still not yet resolved… could you please explain step by step what could be done to resolve this issue.

Welcome to the MongoDB Community Forums @kommawar_sudheer !

If you are are encountering issues with TLS certification validation please check that your environment’s TLS certificates are up to date as per Keep getting ServerSelectionTimeoutError - #11 by Stennie.

If that information does not help or you need more specific direction for your environment, please start a new discussion topic with details including your language driver & version as well as the specific error message received.

Thanks,
Stennie