Resetting 2FA on existing Atlas account, without 2FA

Hi,
I took my first course around 2014 and when I try to create a new Atlas user for this course it says the email is already used and I have to “Enter a code from Google Authenticator”.

The issue is that I don’t believe I used Google Authenticator 2FA on this site way back then, and since the 2FA reset requires the username and password of one of the Atlas MongoDB users for any Project of which I am a member this comes to a stop.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Hi @Thomas_Sjogren,

I’m moving this conversation to a private thread as I might need some additional information from you. Please check your discourse inbox and share the information that I have mentioned.

~ Shubham

Hi - I have a very similar issue in that my MongoDB University account was created with no 2fa many years ago and now it is requiring information that I have no access to. I assume my phone # is not on my account as it does not send me a SMS code. Is there another way to correct this? I receive the email but have not idea of a database username and pwd to reset the 2fa.

Hi @pnivens,

I’m moving this conversation to a private thread as I might need some additional information from you. Please check your inbox and share the information that I have mentioned.

Kushagra

1 Like