Request for modifying Documentation for Client Reset Logic/Termination of Sync

Can we get a passage further at the top near the beginning like a badged warning indicating that you need to have Client Reset Logic in place in your application BEFORE you resync your clients?

And then at the bottom can we get the Flutter SDK added to the list of SDKs with the guides how to implement Client Reset Logic please?

Failing to have Client Reset Logic in your application from the beginning is a major source of bad changeset issues when apps that were offline for a period of time (usually more than 10 to 20 days is all it takes), as well as a big cause to global app outages that can’t be recovered after a termination of sync.

It would be amazing to push more proactive approaches to make this feature more known to developers implementing Realm, and this would be a great first step in that direction.

This box, to the very top with a more clear warning client reset logic is needed before you even try terminating and resync. Even should be mentioned before even talking about pausing sync, this is a critical feature.

This needs to be the very first thing someone sees opening that page, this is critical and will literal cause a global outage for anyones app after a term and resync if it’s not in place.

Flutter here please.

KOTLIN SDK is needed in both the warning box, and the very bottom of the page.

Hello @Brock ,

Thank you for your interest in helping the community and for sharing your feedback for Kotlin SDK. The docs team is aware of this and is working on the client reset for Kotlin SDK and it will be reflected in the documentation soon.

For anyone, trying to understand “Terminate and Re-enable Sync”, I have written some notes as per my findings as a Mobile Byte 2- Handling Sync Errors and MongoDB docs explain client-reset in more detail in Handle Errors section.

I hope the provided information is helpful.

Cheers, :performing_arts:
Henna