I am pretty new to Realm Sync. I already configured my app roles based on GitHub - mongodb-university/realm-tutorial-backend. But then when I tried some GraphQL queries, I got nothing at all. I checked Realm’s Logs and got these Rule Performance Metrics:
We happened to have a very similiar issue now with our data setup correctly and working on one environment but not working on another. We’ve checked the sync settings and rules, both environments do not have any explicit rules.
However, the previous environment does not hit this noMatchingRoles issue wherase the new environment does (According to the logs for our graphql queries)
Is there any other course of action/diagnostics to go through?
Sorry for the late response. We’ve contacted the mongo support team to try and resolve the problem but ended up never finding out what was the cause. What we did instead (As the application was not live yet) was to delete the existing non-functioning environment and duplicate the existing one that does work and adjusting configs as necessary. That seemed to work for whatever reason.
Thanks for sharing the information. Sync roles and permissions do work differently and take precedence when you have Sync enabled on the cluster. Check the Sync Rules section of our documentation.
For future reference, I would suggest if you could create a duplicate environment without deleting the non-functioning one and that would help us identify if there is an internal issue causing the problem.
Thank you for your collaboration with us
Please don’t hesitate to ask or create a post if you have more questions.