Raspberrypi 4 8GB docker: entrypoint.sh 27 Illegal Instruction (core dumped)

Hey,
I’m trying to run mongoDB inside docker on a raspberry pi 4 - 8GB running Arch linux aarch64 image. However any time I try to run it, with something even as simple as : docker run --name some-mongo -d mongo
/usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: line 392: 27 Illegal instruction (core dumped) “${mongodHackedArgs[@]}” –fork ]

The docker hub image is tagged with arm64v8 and I can’t find any requirements for mongoDB besides 1GB RAM and not supporting 32 bit architectures. So I thought it would work, but because it didn’t i also tried an aarch64 specific image (Docker) that is officially supported as well as per: GitHub - docker-library/official-images: Primary source of truth for the Docker "Official Images" program however I got the same exact issue.

Any ideas why this is occurring and how to fix it?

Which Docker ImageTag did you deploy? The 5.* versions dont run on Raspberry anymore.
Try the 4.* version

1 Like

Hi @Art,

As @Bingo_Bongo noted, the Raspberry Pi 4 CPU does not meet the current requirements for the MongoDB 5.0 binary packages:

You should be able to install MongoDB 4.4 binaries or alternatively you could build MongoDB 5.0 from source with an older architecture target (cross-compiling from a desktop machine is recommended). See the referenced forum discussion topic for more information.

Regards,
Stennie

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.