Query Based sync support?

Hello,

As previously REALM team recommended Full sync. but can MongoDB Realm support Query based realm sync??

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the community @Vishal_Deshai!

MongoDB Realm currently only supports full sync. For more information, please refer to the Getting Started with Sync documentation.

The team is considering how to architect more flexible sync options in future, but there isn’t a specific timeline for this yet:

If you would like more specific suggestions on schema design and partitioning, please provide some details on your use case.

Regards,
Stennie

Hi @Vishal_Deshai,

Recordings from this week’s MongoDB.live conference are now available on-demand via MongoDB’s YouTube channel or the archived MongoDB.live event site.

The presentation on Realm Scalable Sync Design has some particularly relevant information for your question.

Regards,
Stennie

@Stennie_X @Ian_Ward now that Realm is GA, is there a rough idea of when we can expect query-based sync support?

Right now, I have a legacy realm app that I want to migrate over to a query-based sync approach. I don’t want to migrate over to a full-sync approach with workarounds and then be locked into that approach when query-based sync is ready. I also don’t want to keep waiting to migrate and have legacy realm be deprecated.

Should I just go ahead and migrate to a full-sync realm or wait a little longer if query-based sync is around the corner?

We are still a long way away from launching query-based sync 2.0 with a more flexible syncing API. My suggestion would be to use partition-based sync and not wait as we will not have QBS production ready before the legacy realm cloud shuts down.

2 Likes